• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

95 Case 1845c Drive Motor leaking. Help Please

firecatf7333

I bought a 1995 case 1845c with 6200 hrs on it 6 months ago. I bought it from a guy who works on skids and said the entire motor was redone. Anyway, its been running fine since i bought it, but i noticed it leaking the past month. I took it to my local farm tractor mechanic( works on case skids alot).

Hes currently taking apart the drive motor b/c he said thats where the leak is coming from. Hes going to let me know the verdict after he pulls apart and gets in there too see whats going on. I'll post here when he tells me what the problem is, but off hand does anyone know my options right now? He mentioned if its the drive motor it could be $5,000-$6000 dollars to replace. I bought the skid steer for $8500. Is it worth it to put that money into it? It does run now, should i just sell it? Is there a cheap alaternative? I read somewhere both motors should be replaced. I bought this machine b/c i got on here and read that the 1845c was close to bulletproof so this isn't making me happy.

I put about 50-80 hrs on this a year loading firewood. Thats the main purpose for its use.

Thanks for the help

firecatf7333

My mechanic took apart drive motors and said they didnt look that bad. He wasnt sure what made the seal pop out. Some kind of pressure internally. He said he was gunna have hydralic system or something taken apart and looked at