• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

943 transmission problem after filter change

Cmark

Yes, make the adjustments with the cover off. If it flings too much oil about you may need to drop the level a bit or place some rags over the top.

Yes, the broken part(s) are for setting the pump neutral. The other two are for making the steering equal on both sides. Don't worry about those.

I hope you haven't bent the spool valve. You could also have damage to the cardan joint which you can just see down the bottom of the bore in the valve housing in this pic from my transmission overhaul thread.
67-jpg.114575

basicequipment

Occupation
manufacturer
Thanks Cmark! We got it sorted out. During my first attempts at center adjustment I was only turning about 12 clicks right or left because I was not sure of how much thread we had and I did not want the adjuster falling out and into the abyss. I did not realize they had a roll pin in place to keep that from happening. I ended up making about 3 full rounds on the adjuster to get the pump to settle down. Can't thank you and heymccall enough for the information. You guys were a huge help!