• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

941b transmission problems

coop

Need some help.
Got a 941B that is not catching 1st gear forward or reverse.
Yes, it's a powershift.
It will get second if you go from neutral straight to second, but not first.
Any thoughts???
Machine has been sitting a few years and I have not changes fluid/filters yet.
Trying to avoid spending money on it until I know it's going to shift good.
Grandad knew what was wrong with it when he parked it but can't remember now.
Hate to sell it as is, I need to do some clean up around the farm and this would be perfect.
Thanks for any help...........
sooper cooper

Highdrive

Occupation
owner, operator
941 trans

Take cover off top of trans valve body under floor boards. You will find many o-rings that sit in pressurized oil ports. Check if any of the o-rings are missing, they become hard from heat and break up. If you take the filters out and examine, you may find pieces in there. Don't start engine while cover is off, oil will blow out of ports. I made a plexi-glass cover to fit over ports with holes drilled around cover to bolt it in place like the real cover. Then I drilled holes where the pressure test ports are to allow a pressure guage flexable line to fit through plexi. If you can a service book for allowable pressure readings you can determine if pressures are correct. I have a 951 and have done this, the machine didn't want to move either. I found a few of the o-rings missing, runs fine now. good luck

Nick

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Hello Highdrive, Thats a great idea about the plexi glass, I made a dash board out of it. wosama931b.

Highdrive

Occupation
owner, operator
It's more likely that the shift linkage is worn. Try taking the screws out of the cover where the shift handle is. You will have to first unscrew the throttle and shift knob. Then the forward and reverse lever won't be restricted by the cut out for the gear selection. If it's just a linkage problem, the extra throw you will now have
might engage the gears you couldn't get before.