• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

939c track spring

Makoman254

Good morning everyone,
Well the weather has broke a little here in the colorado mountains. And we’re trying to get our repairs done.
My track adjuster on the 939c broke at the weld, as I have searched on here, can happen from time to time. We cleaned up the nut and started tightening can confirm it must have been pretty week as it completely broke. (Shaft and nut separated from the adjuster.) so now we have to cut the coil, And remove the spring. Understanding that things can go wrong is there anything I can do to prevent something bad from happening.
I am a little concerned as now there is not a rod going through the spring to keep it from jumping up, once we start cutting coils. Maybe I’m over a thing it.

Attachments

• D4EF2462-FBB8-4F12-8322-384B031B6F86.jpeg
    D4EF2462-FBB8-4F12-8322-384B031B6F86.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 11

Vetech63

Take a 20 foot chain and wrap it around the spring and rail frame.. ..leave about 4 inches between the wraps, secure the chain ends.....the break out the cutting torch. Make cuts all the way through the coil at each cut. After several cuts the tension will be released.