• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

939C electrical issue

texaschad25

While installing a new radio antenna, I dropped a small socket into the cigarette lighter plug. I had the key on and immediately noticed that I lost the radio. I've also lost power to both wipers, AC fan, and dome light. I've also noticed that after I start the loader, the red (lightning bolt) electrical light stays illuminated.
All of the fuses under the dash are good. The circuit breaker next to those fuses doesnt appear to be tripped. I also have dash lights and front and rear work lights.

I've opened the exterior panel door over the heater core, and I'm not getting any power to the fuse block that powers all of the things that aren't working above. After reading some of the previous posts related to this, I went under the hood looking for possible locations of other breakers, and didn't see any.
ANY help with this would be GREATLY appreciated! I've looked thru the operating manual, but didn't see anything that addressed additional breakers. HELP!!

d9gdon

I've had freak stuff happen like that, usually when I'm under a deadline.

Cat had circuit breakers on the C series. Did you push on the button hard after it cooled off? It won't reset immediately after a short circuit sometimes. Look near the battery in the rear compartment, there's usually one with a blue button there about the size of a nickel on a D4C which is basically the same tractor.

Might be one inside the engine compartment near the cab on the left side.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB2

texaschad25

Ok
I've had freak stuff happen like that, usually when I'm under a deadline.

Cat had circuit breakers on the C series. Did you push on the button hard after it cooled off? It won't reset immediately after a short circuit sometimes. Look near the battery in the rear compartment, there's usually one with a blue button there about the size of a nickel on a D4C which is basically the same tractor.

Might be one inside the engine compartment near the cab on the left side.
Thanks Don. I've hunted high and low in both places and couldn't find one in either place. I'll try again tomorrow.