• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

936 Warning Light

Working on a 936 wheel loader. Hopefully somone can tell us what lights are what on the panel. There is one that looks like an oil drop with black background that on looks like oil pressure. It is on until it starts and then it goes out. Then right above it is another one looks like an oil drop but has a white background. That one stays flashing when it is running. Can somone let me know what that one is. The oil pressure gauge does'nt work (ohm'd the sender and it is changing with pressure need to trouble shoot that more), I put a manual 80 psi handheld guage on which buries as soon as it starts, so I know it has oil pressure. Thanks...

Diagonal Brace

Sorry have not been here recently. I can double check in the morning when I go back to the shop but I believe that is related to brake fluid; either pressure or level .
Is the alarm sounding as well?

speedy

Sometimes the switch on the brake cylinder pops for no good reason. If you open the cover on the right side, up near the cab is the master cylinders (you fill them from an opening on top of the engine cover) and there is a push-button to reset it there.

speedy

Another hint about the brakes on these loaders is that the brake lines on the backside of the axle housings are guarded with bolt-on covers. these covers trap dust and dirt and moisture. A good practice is to remove them annually to clear this crap out, hopefully reducing the ammount of corrosion. We had one develop a pin-hole that my father managed to braze. It held for years....

Brake fluid is standard Dexron automotive stuff.

You hit it right on speedy, we put fluid in and pumped them and it ran down the front left wheel. It has great brakes they work great for now but it will be empty again soon... have to pull the wheel and check it out. Thanks