• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

931B trouble looking up parts

rjc862003

I have links on order we will see what I end up with
ebay special 13 dollars each ordered six 3 left 3 right spares for when I break anouther one

Last edited:

rjc862003

Limped it back to the shop, link removed now I can't find a right side link
the ebay guy sent me all lefts :(

@wosama931b
if you still got a regular link may need it if cat can't dredge one up for me

Welder Dave

How did you limp it back to the shop? I'd be going back to the e-bay guy wanting the right links that you paid for.

rjc862003

took some 1/4 in chain and looped it though the holes in the pads and walked it back little bit of coxing with the pry bar was required every rotation

once we got some heat in the pins 10 good swings with the 12lb hammer and they came out
wasn't bad at all once we got them cooking

Last edited:

Welder Dave

I didn't think it would take much to move it 75'. Being you got it back where you can work on it, I'd look at putting new tracks on it. Your tracks are worn out and one has already broke. There's a good chance other links could also be at their breaking point. What would happen if it broke in a bad location and you couldn't move the machine or fix it where it sat?

rjc862003

I am in agreement with you but my wallet disagrees
honestly we mainly are using it for a man lift this season with a cherry picker

I am in ny we got that covid going around it just isn't in the books

Last edited:

Welder Dave

I'd have a boom support if you're picking people up with it. Too much heat could destroy the links but they're already shot anyway.

rjc862003

its pretty skech its just a diy thing that slides on the bucket and is attached with chain
ill get pics tomarrow you can smell the death and property damage on it lol

rjc862003

so blew a line the cat replacement is
5G-1683
anybody have any experience fitting made to order lines 90 bucks for a 26 inch long line seems a bit steep

Welder Dave

I usually take the old hose to a shop to have a new one made but not sure if it is a steel line or a hose on your machine.

rjc862003

softline ill call up my local machine shop tomarrow I didn't have a fitting that matched what was on there