• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

922b clutch pressure problems

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
As soon as it shuts down check the oil level. Could be internal leak in convertor that is filling the case faster then it can drain back to the sump and the level is dropping below the suction screen. Has this happened since you bought it? Possible it has the wrong dipstick and just not enough oil in the system.

Last edited:

Sandhills-elect

Occupation
electrical contractor
I have owned it 4-5 months it did not do it at first, but did not run for long period of time at first. I am sure oil level is right because i added 8 gallon per manual requirements and that seems to show full like it said to the dipstick, the dip stick looks to be factory, and not just any dipstick would work. I will check oil level as soon as i loose pressure and see what it is saying. Thanks for the ideas Brent.

Rusted

I have owned it 4-5 months it did not do it at first, but did not run for long period of time at first. I am sure oil level is right because i added 8 gallon per manual requirements and that seems to show full like it said to the dipstick, the dip stick looks to be factory, and not just any dipstick would work. I will check oil level as soon as i loose pressure and see what it is saying. Thanks for the ideas Brent.

when you check the oil hot with the engine running , leave it idle for a minute or 2 after you park before dippining it, if you dip it as soon as you pull up it will under-read for sure.

Sandhills-elect

Occupation
electrical contractor
I check it right after i changed the oil and it was right on the full mark maybe even just a tad over, i have never checked it when the pressure dropped though, i only did it after i ran it and let it set for a bit at idel and it always checked fine. Thanks Brent.

garp

I would double check your suction side of the system. If there is a hose in the line, replace it regardless of appearance. Seen a few that will seperate internally when flow is present. Really dont think you have a pump problem. Personnaly I would get some regular 30Wt trans oil in there too. Iknow engine oill will work, but it will work longer with trans oil. NAPA carries a 30wt trans oil and so does Cenex if those are eaier to find for you.

Sandhills-elect

Occupation
electrical contractor
thanks for the reply, i have some TO-4 oil to put in it, i was going to add it when i done the pump change. I think i am going to do some hose changing and try to find any check valves or springs that maybe week or need attention before i do the pump. I have a parts book just need to do a little studying when i get a chance. Happy new year to everyone. Thanks Brent.

Sandhills-elect

Occupation
electrical contractor
I know this is a very late reply, just never done anything to it, It worked as is never had time and never ran long periods so was OK. I did finally put some Lucas trans, conditioner in it. It seem to have fixed the problem. I think it was an o-ring in the selector because you could shift in different direction or shift speeds if the pressure started to drop and it would come right back. Hope this helps. Brent