• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

90XT Matching a Brush Cutter

Shotgun Russ

Hi, I am looking at possibly buying a brush cutter and my Machine is right in the middle of the “big boy” and regular brush cutters. I have the High Flow High Pressure model 30gpm@5000psi. Most of the standard flow cutters are 16-26gpm and high flows are 30-42gpm usually both at 3000psi. I am stuck in the middle and looking for some opinions on which way to go. Thanks for any advice.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You probably have the specs on the 90XT with the 5K psi hyd system, but I thought the gpm was around 35. You certainly will need a high flow brush cutter. I have had several 95XT's and 465's all high flow but not the extreme high flow. I think you would be best to contact whatever brush cutter OEM your interested in and tell them what you have. If that high flow system isnt variable and its 5K all the time, you will need a stout hyd motor. I am sure someone like Diamond mowers, Davco and those that build the extreme duty cutters would not have an issue with 5K. Those of course are more expensive cutters but they are professional grade. The current extreme high flow machines are using 4K psi, so 5K wouldn't to be outside possibility. That was quite a hyd system for late 90's early 2k skid steers.

Shotgun Russ

Kinda wish I had standard high flow, is 42gpm @ 3000psi. That would run the biggest cutters perfectly.