• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

90xt Bosch fuel pump prob

jeeper350

Ok when i was working on my 2000 case 90xt, I noticed it looked like the area where the high pressure fuel pump is (i think thats what it is, its the large fuel pump up high that says bosch on cover) was very wet, including some electrcial lines that are wrapped in some kind of antiabrasion sleeve... turns out that the antiabrasion sleeve actually wore a hole in the end cover of this pump! so if i pull the line off the hole and rev up the skid steer it sorta sputters fuel all over. Im thinking that i could maybe just JB weld it to seal it shut? whats yalls thoughts on this... doesnt seem to be affecting how it runs. Oh also gonna zip tie the line that wore into it back away from the delicate ( im thinking its alluminum? ) cover of the fuel pump.

plant tech

Occupation
diesel plant fitter
the best idea is to look for another cover, but if you are thnkng of welding that pump dont do it on the machine. You make the situation worse remember there is fuel

jeeper350

yea might look for a cover.. Ive never actually used JB weld.. was gonna look into how it hardens.. its two epoxies that mix together and harden isnt it? Dont know if it generates alotta heat or not?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Main concern would be to clean the damaged area thoroughly enough to get the JB weld to stick to it properly.
I would give it a go, as a cover would not be cheap to have fitted.
Use brake cleaner in an aerosol - it dries really well.

plant tech

Occupation
diesel plant fitter
if i may take advantage using this thread, i have my 980f cat machine just shot the block what might be the probable causes. The operator was moving quarry stones.

jeeper350

found some stuff made by JB weld called Water Weld... area doesnt have to be clean.. says its for fuel tanks and pipes.. cures submersed in fuel or water. Gonna give it a try.