• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

892D-LC hyd problems

chuey

Ive been have some hyd trouble with my Deere 892D-LC. Every once in a while one pump will basically quit. One track will move but the other wont and my bucket cylinder will retract but not extend and all other functions will be slow. But all I have to do is shut the machine down and fire it back up and it will work again. It seems to only do it in cold weather tho. Anybody heard of this or have a solution to fix it?

KenAl

What you have is the valve plate in the pump has worn into the head of the pump. Now especially when hot the port plate will lift off allowing all pumped oil to go to the case of the pump. Case drain and suction on that pump are the same cavity. If you say the bucket will not retract then it should also be the right track that stops moving (only when travelling with no upper function). What I have done numerous times is to change the head and the valve plate and the gasket. I will inspect the pistons, cylinder, drive disc and bearings. If all good which is very common then just change the parts mentioned.
Bucket curl is using gravity to come in. BTW swing should still be good for speed as it is a single function and on the other pump.
Boom and arm are the only 2 functions that use 2 pumps.
When travelling and travelling only you have one pump going to one motor and the other pump going to the other side. As soon as you use an upper function then the oil gets spread around.

chuey

thats a hell of a lot better explaination than Deere could give me. They just said I needed to start checking pressures. But what you explained definitly makes sense. Now my next question is is this something a person thats really mechanical can fix or does it need to be taken to a hydraulic shop? thanks

KenAl

I don't know your mechanical ability, but if you are up for it give it a go. Make sure the hydraulic oil level is lowered below the suction of the pump. Take the pump off. Stand it up on the shaft. Take the head off and inspect for what you need.
If you get overwhelmed you can always take it to the hydraulic shop.
Go online to john deere parts and print the parts pages you need so you can order your parts and use it as a reference on assembly. If you can get a hold of a Deere manual or a Hitachi EX300 manual for the assembly of it that would be helpful. FYI EX270-1 EX300-1-2-3 are all the same pump just the regulator is set up different. So in saying that any one of those manuals will help you with the repair.

KenAl

Some hydraulic shops may be able to get the parts. You can also search the internet. Any Deere or Hitachi dealer will be able to get you the parts, although they will try to sell you a reman pump.

DBarron

This issue is called "Valve Plate Lift Off" and as a Deere dealer we could of easily told you that... Most dealers like selling Reman units not because of profit, but because of liability. As a dealer we are able to offer 1 year parts warranty with Reman units, but can only offer 90 day parts on individual components. Much less labor and the warranty is all done through Reman, if you buy parts for hyd pumps from a dealer they will most likely give you no parts warranty if they are customer installed. Just make sure you order a complete rotating group and valve plate, you should replace bearings as well. Also check contamination to all your other components; travel, swing, cylinders and etc.....