• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

88 379 with 2 speed rear end

5.9rookie

Bought this truck at auction. This is a tandem with I believe 461 Eaton 2 speed. I’m sure these aren’t factory on 88 model. Nothing is hooked up to shifting motors. Looks like air went to the top and some kind of wiring harness plugged in on bottom. With nothing hooked up does it default to low or high ratio? Its got 433’s according to pinion shaft. All tags are missing. I have run air to top of both motors and no change. Any help appreciated.

Truck Shop

It could have come with/ordered with 461's. A very tough drive. Those had a diaphragm that can and will
rot through. Parts are available for the shift housings. Best thing to do is unbolt from housing and have
a look inside. 34 years old. Normally you will hear air coming out the vent, if it isn't plugged with dirt.

Reactions: DB2

525isx

Occupation
log trucker
I ordered one in 88 with 402's. don't know why the wires would be used on 2-speed, on the side to side locker the wires control dash indicator lights