• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

864 Turbo problems

ToddOH

Hello all. First post here. Im looking for some input on my 864 with the Deutz BF4M1011. Last week my customer was running when it started billowing smoke out the exhaust. I hauled it back to the shop and pulled the intake tube off the turbo and poked my finger in to check the impeller. Bearings were toast. Replaced the turbo, changed oil and filter, ran it for approx 30 minutes and changed the oil again. Everything seemed well. The next day it went out on rent again. With less than 2 hrs on the clock it started billowing smoke again. It trashed another turbo. This time I checked compression, 425 across the board. I pulled the head anyway and the gasket looked fine. It has never showed a low oil pressure warning so I "assume" the oil pressure is fine. What are your thoughts?

J Penner

possibly junk from old turbo plugged lube line ,remove it and see how much oil comes out when you start it ,youshould have good oil flow

rare ss

check the oil pressure and drain line, the drain port might have blocked from the first failure and be causing lack of oil flow, I've been caught out before after changing out a turbo on a rear engine on a 639D scraper the operator thought it was a good time to mention the oil light started to flicker at idle