• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

863 Breakdown again.....

BruceJ

I need some solutions for a recurring problem with my 863.
It keeps blowin injector(s) and burnt a valve out (exh). Had new computer,thermtsat, sender,cleaned oil cooler,reco injectors(2x) reco head,new fan idler and belt,timing belt and idler,etc....then after about 10-20hrs general work, it happens again(or similar symptoms).She now parked in the paddock until i get back to her as i just bought a low hr 262b cat( which is great).863 does not overheat(computer not telling me if she is). Bottom end seems fine with good compression, orig hone marks on sleeves.She has done 4000hr tho. Aint pulled inj out to look after last incident but she blowin black smoke and blue/grey so prob done H Gask again.She also down one cylinder which, last time, was a burnt valve and sticky inj....all filters replaced regularly.

Any ideas??????????????????? I dont wish to spend big$$$$$ having the shop rebuild her if i can at least be looking in right spot..
Thanks all
BJ