• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

853H will not reverse Hyds

gjinc

Occupation
retired Air Force
HI
I have a bobcat 853H that will not reverse hyds. Changed out solenoids and didn't make a difference.
no matter what button i push, they flow the same way.
tried this on a post hole digger and a rock hound.
The rock hound needs to reverse to dump the bucket.
Where do I start to look?
Thanks

crewchief888

the rh paddle switch reverses hyd flow.
rh trigger is continuous (detent) flow to the bottom coupler. click on, click off

:drinkup

BDFT

Check the control valve. Its possible that one of the solenoid spools have stuck. Did you unscrew the spool valve and take it apart or just replace the solenoid coil? It doesn't take much crap to stick one of those spool valves.

gjinc

Occupation
retired Air Force
the rh paddle switch reverses hyd flow.
rh trigger is continuous (detent) flow to the bottom coupler. click on, click off

right, but hitting the switches on either stick still makes the post hole digger go the same way.

" Did you unscrew the spool valve and take it apart or just replace the solenoid coil?"

I just replaced the the coil, i'll have to unscrew it and see what I find.

Thanks

gjinc

Occupation
retired Air Force
spool valves look ok
Where are the diodes that are in the wiring diagram?
are they in a box somewhere or in the harness?

crewchief888

spool valves look ok
Where are the diodes that are in the wiring diagram?
are they in a box somewhere or in the harness?

from what i can remember, the aux control module is on the left side of the machine, under the seat (if you are sitting in the seat) sorta tucked up under the side of the frame