• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

850k lt jd dozer

Anthony93

Hey guys I’m back. So my dozer was working fine until it all of a sudden stopped. I have a code 3251.7 that pops up but would that make the whole machine unresponsive? The light is flashing. Charger pressure low and dpf pressure errors are the other codes. 522444.1. I’m not sure where to go with this. I changed the filters but to no prevail. Any advice will help thank you in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
And 850k had a similar problem this summer. I’m not a mechanic just an operator but I did give the mechanic a hand. It was the plastic coupler between the engine and the hyd pump.

Unfortunately it’s a pretty big pain. But this was the first time this mechanic tackled this. Getting the new coupler aligned was the worst part.

Steve Austin

First coupling I replaced was in the field on a 650J customer demanded I slip the hydro assembly back to replace coupler what a pain that was with all the dirt and twigs in there try to keep hoses and fittings clean. Also had to drain oils.
Second one one 700J in field I pulled engine just supported the hydros to a bar inside cab and a turnbuckle. Did not drain any oils in hydro or hydraulic, drained coolant. Did not pull radiator. Removed fan and shroud and put a piece of plywood against radiator in case I bumped it. Was much easier for me. Don’t know about the K with all the extra emissions added to it.

Anthony93

First coupling I replaced was in the field on a 650J customer demanded I slip the hydro assembly back to replace coupler what a pain that was with all the dirt and twigs in there try to keep hoses and fittings clean. Also had to drain oils.
Second one one 700J in field I pulled engine just supported the hydros to a bar inside cab and a turnbuckle. Did not drain any oils in hydro or hydraulic, drained coolant. Did not pull radiator. Removed fan and shroud and put a piece of plywood against radiator in case I bumped it. Was much easier for me. Don’t know about the K with all the extra emissions added to it.
Ya I’m not sure exactly how we are going to do this. Where it’s at is in a field on a hill with a load of dirt pushed up infront of it. Unless the company allows us to make a make shift road to it we won’t have any equipment available to use to pull anything.. it’ll be a piece by piece job. Seals, gaskets, o rings, and zip ties are gonna be my best friend