• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

850K Crossbar bushing lube

clearprop

Hi all, Recently rounded up a 2012 850K for some use on the farm and few of my own construction projects. A little overkill for the work I need done. So-far seems to be ok and will go along with other equipment we have. Going over the machine right now between projects and something that has been bugging me ever since we got it, The grease fittings and associated hoses are broken/missing that lubricate the bushings in the Crossbar at the track attach ends. I have the manual and see it shows an elbow fitting on the crossbar and then a flexible line connected to the remote grease fitting so that service can be accessed from the outside of the tracks.

Spent some time in behind the track digging around and the fittings appear broken at the crossbar. The only way I can envision fixing it is to take the crossbar out to gain access to the broken fitting. Looks like a job. I stopped by the local JD dealer which had a 2014 850k on the lot and noticed it was also missing the fitting. Is this common? Yall just run em like that? I get sorta OCD on some things that probably not worth messing with....:rolleyes::p

2deeres

theres an updated pin for the ends of the crossbeam. it has grease fittings installed in the ends. take the weight off, pull the old pins out and install these

clearprop

Thanks 2deeres, I can see on the parts diagram they now have a grease fitting on the end. I will change them or might just drill and tap the old pins. Thanks

clearprop

Well....so juge and poke around clean off mud clods on pin head and what ya know....thing already has the greaseable pins in it :):):)

2deeres

Great result clearprop... at least it hasn’t cost anything so far.
and in case you were wondering, the centre pivot of the crossbeam probably has a maintenance free bushing, if its the same as on my tractor. its a nylon type bushing...

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
See attached.

Attachments

• 850K Grease Lines.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 10

clearprop

sorta user-configurable. some want them some don't....looks like the 850K evidently came with greaseable pins but the operators manual was not updated....at least the one I have wasn't.