• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

850b-1150b undercarrige swap ?

mtnman

ive got a 850b with bad sprockets and track links.ive got a1150b with new tracks and sprockets.the sprockets are bigger but will bolt on.ive got idlers 2.if i swapped would it work or would i need bigger rollers to accomadate the 2in rise.im sure ill have to shorten tracks just wonderin if its possable.i bought the 1150 with no motor only thing on it good was tracks sprockets idlers.hopin i didnt waste my moneyon it.any helpwould b appreciated.thks

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The 850B and 1150B use entirely different undercarriage - like, the difference between D4 and D5 undercarriage. 850B is 6.00" track pitch, 1150B is 6.69" track pitch.

Nothing is interchangeable between the undercarriage on the two tractors. Every single dimension is different on every component - and it's major dimension differences.

If you wanted to use the 1150B undercarriage on the 850B, you'd need to swap the entire track frames.
Essentially, what you have in mind is a major project that really isn't worth considering.

I'd have to opine, you'd be better advised to sell the good 1150B undercarriage, and go look for some good 850B undercarriage.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
No. The roller dimensions are vastly different between the two. You'd still need to change the track frames, as the rollers will not interchange due to sizeable differences in dimensions.