• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

844 Lull cylinder help?

I am trying to remove the rear cylinder that pivots towards the rear of the machine and is the furtherest aft cylinder on the passenger side. It appears the pin goes all the way across to the other side being approximately 2'-3' long. There is a keeper bolt on the driver which I have removed. However there are 3 bolts that are threaded into a nut that is welded onto the tube. I'm not sure if these 3 bolts are "set screws" of some sort, or there to hold a cover plate on. There is no way to turn the bolts. Any ideas on how to remove the pin? I've beat and banged for a couple hours now. Any pro tips would be appreciated

BillG

What model A, B, C, and how many section boom (2 or 3)? If it has never been apart and lubed you are going to need a whole lot more than a BFH. All the way from a rosebud to a oxy lance.As tight as it probably is, it's usually a multistep process until you find what works. I have had to cut the pin at the pivot and remove pieces individually.

It's 844- tt34 Highlander 2. Not sure about AB or C. I'm thinking I'm gonna cut off the flange and just leave the pin in, then just reweld a big washer on it, once the cylinder is repacked. If that makes sense. Thank you for the reply. I'll update once it's off