• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

822 UNSTUCK "back to work"

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
GRUZ PLT - congrats on getting the cutter out and getting it back running.

Have to ask, what is the story behind the first picture? Looks like a nice lawn and driveway there.:confused:

GRUZ PLT

This was a landclearing job, and it was for a new sewer line. It lead us right down a bike path, and through some very friendly backyards!!!

Here are some more pics.023.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
Its good to see it up and running

D5G

Yea people like that always freak out, don't want to pay for plywood, and can't eplain why 6 months down the road the marks are gone. Great pics, how old is the machine?

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
I need one of them to drop this huge pine that is dying on my property. I reckon the cost of wood would offset the cost of the job?

roadrunner

Nice looking machine GRUZ PLT;
I ran a 853 Tigercat buncher back in 95 or 96.It was an awesome machine( I think probably the quickest out at that time.)I used to bunch 10-12 inch spruce and pine with the hot saw head pulled in close to the machine and I turned up the track speed and would just use the drive motors to bunch.The boss didn't seem to care and I sure could drop alot of wood in a hurry.Might not have been the best for the buncher though!In my opinion Tigercat still is the best out there.Sure like your zero tail swing machine and glad she's out of the swamp!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
After all said and done, it was $110,000.00 and change.

Man that hurts, but it sure is good to see it back in action. One hell of a tool :notworthy
Saw that one on Axemen ( yes I know you spell it without the E but we dont ) when the limb came through the roof. :eek:

positrack

where in ashford are you doing that building ,i am interested as i was in ashford with mowlem doing the renewal of the station

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
where in ashford are you doing that building ,i am interested as i was in ashford with mowlem doing the renewal of the station

If you look at the arial pic you will see the CTRL as it goes south from the station the new building and all the rail yard is on the left, the station is literally right under the chopper where the pics are taken from.
Its the maintenance shed for the new bullet trains that will soon be running into the city.
When were you there? domestic or international station?

positrack

about 4 or 5 years ago we tied in the international to the domestic up to the canterbury line was there for two years

positrack

had another look at the photo and got it worked out al the track you see in the photo we replaced, the bottom end of the shed is where our offices where ,is balfour beaty's yard still there

brynbaily

Occupation
Equipment Operator
GRUZ PLT - what is the story behind the first picture? Looks like a nice lawn and driveway there.:confused:

He learned to bid safer jobs lol :D

Nice job on cleaning that beast up, go to see it paying its way again.