• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

8.3 cummins injector pump

wikit

Can someone explain to me if I have to remove the front engine plate on a 8.3 cummins. in a 1993 ford f800 to get the injection pump removed? all the bolts are removed and brackets top and bottom but it won't come out of engine at the timming gears. I hope I don't need to pull this thing all apart to pull a gear or something...
Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave Neubert

There should be a access cover some put the oil filler there then have to take the nut off gear and press it off

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If it’s the Bosch P pump made in Brazil (look at the bottom of the name plate) there’s a hidden bolt (12-14mm) at the 6:00 position..
Does this have the big mounting flange that the hold down bolts r in a circle..w a big toothed drive gear on the front..??

thepumpguysc

Occupation
If that’s not it.. then there a cover in front of the pump, radiator side.. IT UNSCREWS..
U can use an oil filter wrench to unscrew it..
Once inside ur looking at the drive gears..
I sure hope u timed and probably pinned the pump and engine.!!

wikit

If that’s not it.. then there a cover in front of the pump, radiator side.. IT UNSCREWS..
U can use an oil filter wrench to unscrew it..
Once inside ur looking at the drive gears..
I sure hope u timed and probably pinned the pump and engine.!!
Since the pump is gonna be sent out and rebuild; do I still need to time the pump? The engine I can time when the pump is off too? Correct.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Do u have the “push pin” type that’s under the pump.?
If yes, it’s much much easier to time the engine if the pump is in place.. THAT WAY the drive gear won’t get cocked and try to skip a tooth or 2..
U can put the pump back in place and just let the gear spin on the pump drive shaft..just as long as it’s supported..
I hope that makes sense..
Good luck