• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

773g faster reverse than forward!

Farmereinar

ahh, so much easier to post on here than skidsteerforums!

i have a 773g that goes much faster in reverse than forward (like 2mph faster), looking under the cab i see that the sticks travel further in reverse than forward

any ideas on what to adjust? thanks!

YouTube - bobcat under cab

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
It is customary to find some earth moving equipment faster in reverse than in forward.Your machine may be designed that way.Ron G

Part sman

Assuming that your steering hardware is tight and you have no pump/motor issues, steering speed can be adjsuted on the steering linkage. The linkage is 2 piece with an adjustable area in the middle. Loosen the bolts in center of linkage and make linkage shorter, this will give you more forward throw. It won't take much adjustment and be sure to adjust opposite side the same amount or machine may veer.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
go back a week or two in the history on this web page ATCO posted some info on common bobcat wear items , I think you will find thats what is wrong.