• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

773G air issues ??

2frankh

Good morning all. I have a 773G and I ran into an issue over the weekend. I was cleaning up some brush when I heard a pop and what sounded like a punctured tire. I turned the machine off and checked all the tires, no flats. I started the machine and I hear the "air leak" again. It seems to be some where under the cab. I couldn't locate the problem. Any suggestions as to what I should look at ? Thanks in advance for the help.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not familiar with the 773G, is it a turbo engine? Couldld it be a "air leak" between the turbo and the intake, maybe a manifold gasket?
Just wild guessing, hard to know how it sounds from here!

I'm assuming there are no fluid leaks, sometime a leaking oil line can makke a sound close to an air leak sound, but that should be easy to see. Caution if there is a fluid leak do not get body parts near it or you could get oil injected into skin and that is very serious!

Any chance of doing a short video so we could hear this "air leak" with it running?

Txhayseed

Start it up and flip the cab. Sounds like your going to have to get in there and start exploring. Is it pulsing like an exhaust leak or a solid air leaking sound ?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
773G is a turbocharger engine. I can't think of anything under the cab that would make a rushing air sound, but a rubber elbow popped loose from turbo would for sure and you would notice a loss of power under load

Last edited:

2frankh

It is a constant air leak sound. I work out of town and will not be home for 3 weeks now. I’ll have to check the elbow to the turbo. Thanks for all the help.