• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

773 F-series Engine oil light

dukeyjoe

Occupation
Derm PA
Was fixing my drive from all the rain yesterday and my engine oil light started blinking intermittently. I shut it down and open the back door and see hydraulic fluid on the battery. One of the small lines that make a U turn from a block to to the bottom of the lift cylinder had a wear spot in it that was dripping. Just a coincidence I'm sure. Went to clean the connection on the engine oil pressure sensor and the black plastic just broke when I tried to loosen the little nut. Engine oil was full, but does need changing from sitting. Black, but still felt like good viscosity hot. Machines smokes a little after stopping it, but clears in a couple minutes when cold and seconds when hot. Do you think it is the sensor or something else? I do not have the BOSS with code displays.
TIA,
Duke

dukeyjoe

Occupation
Derm PA
Dang this is a tough crowd :beatsme

Changed the oil and filter in the 773 and it did not smoke when starting it cold like it was doing before. I had the threaded hole wear the oil sensor plugged, so I don't know the answer to this question. Will the light start flicker with old oil. The oil and filter did not have a lot of hours on it, but the machine did sit for about 6 months. Is there a screen on the oil pump that could sludge up from sitting? I'm going to buy an oil pressure gauge tomorrow and check that tomorrow and will get a new sensor on Wednesday when the hose comes in.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I wouldn't fret too much about the crowd dukeyjoe, you have to consider that many folks here have no experience with Bobcat machines, I myself have no experience with the 773 F Series. But if I were to wade into a guess, putting a test gauge on the oil pressure port will either confirm or calm your fears. If gauge confirms all is well, simply plug the port until you get a new pressure switch. Can't say for certain, but I'd wager the rudimentary ECU on the 773 F won't flip out if the oil pressure switch has been temporarily removed from the system.

dukeyjoe

Occupation
Derm PA
Thanks Willie. You're, probably, correct about the crowd. Don't see too many F-series owners. I'll put the OP gauge on it tomorrow. What is your experience with other models and the light flickering?