• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

763 Bobcat Fuel Pressure

brt

I remember from another forum about someone with the same problem. It turned out that the vent(s) on the fuel cap had closed up with age/dirt/???. He drilled a few 1/8" holes in the cap until he gets a new one. It got his BC running again

wingfooted

Great advice

sprayed some WD-40 around and under the grommet.

Pulled on the T valve with a pair of vice grips - it came loose

worked off the grommet with a chisel - it came loose

pulled out the fuel line pickup assembly - yep a lot of trash on the screen.

tomorrow i will try and siphon out some of the trash and clean up the fuel filter screen.

Cannon

Occupation
Father, Husband, gofer
Aww, cmon just leave the trash in the tank. :)

Avoid too much pressure attempting to clean out with compressed air though. I once saw one of my juniors cleaning out a tank with the air compressor pressure 'maxed out. Fortunate for him, there was only a very small amount of vapor left in the tank from the afternoon before. The tank exploded, not a ball of flame or anything close, but it wasn't a seam failure or hole in the tank. We figured it was that the air compressed the fumes remaining and caused the explosion. Ended up with changing routine that we still use air, but no more than 35 psi and always provide a route for the air/junk to escape.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Good to hear about the vice grips. Might want to look at the lines, bulb and separator/filter while your at it. Regardless, have fun starting in what... 10 degree weather and less in Oregon this winter.

Last edited:

aja458

2000 773

my 773 developed fuel problems. the machine would die and suck air thru the fuel system. yesterday I found this thread and pulled my pick up tube. It was intact. upon closer inspection, I found a large crack in the tube. removed the bad area and I`m back. thanks for this forum and the people who post here.

city150

I am working on a 853 with the same problem I got the old one out and it was a mother #$#%*@ I had to remove a few hydraulic lines to get a little better access to it. I want to know if the soft clear line is still available Part # 6579554