• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jacky1

I have a 762a. Has anyone figured out a way to bypass the shifter switch AT105927 ( the part that Can not be found) or a way to set the shifter up on toggles or a rotary switch? Don’t want to scrap this machine.

tdrainage

was hoping you found someway to get your 762A going. Mine shot craps again and I have no confidence in either of the two places we have tried doing any good. Cannot believe there isn't someone who can build something to make these machines work again. For anyone who cares to input something this is about the electronic transmission on a JD 762A scraper going bad. Mine went bad 3 years ago and finally found an outfit that made the automatic side of it to work (would rather have manual shifting) but ours quit about a month ago. On a job out i the field of course.....

dozr

Occupation
excaving
what tran does 762a have , i have a 762 it has a manual shift clark trans in it.

tdrainage

We also have a straight 762 - it has a 5 speed manual powershift transmission. The 762A has a 6 speed electronic powershift with a brainbox behind the seat with a toggle switch where you could have either the powershift or switch to an automatic shift. It is a deere made tranny as far as I know. The automatic always shifted hard and you had to come to an idle at times to get it to shift down. I have always preferred the powershift. It is an electronic shifter on the consol that goes to the brainbox, then goes to the top of the tranny where there is a series of magnets that when energized in the correct sequence gives the desired gear As of right now neither the auto or powershift will operate. Mother deere has been out and can give no relief and told me the machine is basically obsolete. Mother deere also told me that a manual tranny from another model 762 will NOT work. Very frustrating as these are a good size machine for us and we can do some work that a big farm tractor with a tow scraper cannot

dozr

Occupation
excaving
you would think a clark out of 762 could be made work because,it is shaft drive on both ends, i to like them better than tractors had my fill of that with dw 15,i know where is a couple are at in hoboken georgia, have gotparts for my chains,all trainmission and levers are there.looks like that box could be fixed by some body or looks like some co made for mother deer, but then when they mess up they do good job of it. i think the rear end is same as a rubber tired loader on 762.