• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

753 dieing and now wont turnover

I have a 1992 753 w/ 2600+ hrs. Pushing brush the other day unit, RPM's kept going down and unit died several times. Could get it started but kept dieing out. Limped it back to the shop. Turned the key to start it again...nothing. Wont turnover, no lights on panel, no beeps, nothing. i checked the battery and it shows 12+ volts, so i know battery is not dead. I bought a new fuel filter hoping that is the dieing problem, but now the cant crank it. what are the odds of 2 problems at the same time? Any help with either problem will be appreciated. Thanks

greywynd

Running a JD 210 hoe last week I had a problem like yours, went to change the fuel filter, got it changed, needed to 'bump' the starter to get the manual fuel pump to prime things, and nothing. Took some head scratching, but finally found that one of the battery terminals had a crack in it causing a poor connection, and it decided to quit at the same time.

Since it appears you have a voltmeter, try to see if you can measure voltage at the other end of the battery cables....which will likely be the solenoid and ground, and see if you have your 12V there. Since you have nothing else, I suspect you have a bad cable or connection somewhere, or lights or something would work.

Stick Pro

we had a 753 that went dead it was the relay fell out some how and everything went dead just pull the fuse cover off between your feet adn check that would be a cheap fix if it was it on your other prob it sound like a fuel problem posibally a filter or the pick up line in the tank