• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

753 bobcat totaly dead, no lights on pannel, won't start

darrellwatkins

Last night i shut it off and tried to start it 5 minutes later. When i tried all of the pannel indicators flashed for a second and everything went dead. Tried jumping it, 100amp fuse is good, power at fuse pannel, swapped relays, head lights will not come on. I am stumped. Does anyone know where i can find a wireing diagram whithout giving Bobcat $100 for a download?

Delmer

Not me. But did you check for power at the ignition switch? going into and coming out?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF darrellwatkins. :drinkup

Raise the cab, locate the harness where it comes out of the rear of cab and goes down to main frame. Where cab harness meets main frame harness you'll find a rectangular connector. I think it's a red or red/white wire you need to check, it's the wire that sends power to everything at the cab control panel, including key switch. Pull that connector apart and check the pin/socket for that wire.

I had a T300 that had a problem with that wire connection once. Turn the key on, control panel lit up. As soon as you hit "start", everything went dead. I ended up probing that wire on the cab side harness of the connector with a test light. Turned on ignition, test light lit up. Hit start, test light went dead. Moved test light to main frame side of connector on that wire, it stayed hot with ignition on as well as when start selected, pretty much confirmed bad connection of pin/socket inside connector. It was on a job site so I simply spliced in a jump wire to bypass connector.