• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

74 ford 4500 not moving

Robert_noll

Hello everyone. I'm dealing with a 74 ford 4500 4 speed with bucket and hoe, I had just purchased it about a week ago. The tractor had sat for a bit but has always worked, starts right up ever time. Everything was working great till the tires came to a rolling stop. I had looked up a few things that could of caused it. I checked all the levels of hydraulic oils. It needed some badly, also changed the filter, everything is full but the tractor still won't movery controls work though. From 1st all the way up to 4th. Nothing. Not even reverse. I did notice when I took the filter back off that oil had not made its way to fill it up.. could it be a pump, do I need to prime something ? Let me know what you think. Thanks

jimg984

does it have a clutch or shuttle shift have you put out riggers down raising rear tires off the ground and trying it does the engine change sound when trying

Robert_noll

Hsutton

I have put the out riggers down. And it is a shuttle shift. No change in sound. The wheels move freely without any sounds by hand.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
hmm, can you leave the fliter loose and see if maybe its got a big air pocket?

sussexcentral

Let me check my books and we can walk throu the trouble shooting the first thing it's gonna ask is what are your pump pressures at the check port under the trans bell housing. And I realize your not getting any pressure but it is a value we need to know to move forward.