• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

74, 275b hydraulic issue (oldseabee help)

Ryan151

Same 275b with the pump bypass deal which is now fixed. The loader however still slams when you kick out the bucket or hoist lever at anything much over 1000 rpm or so. Both pumps are bypassing as they should at the correct settings so I don't believe it to be a pump issue. Should I start poking around in the husco valve???

Thanks

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Husco is a split spool pilot operated. one spool feeds oil in the other lets oil out of cylinder, controlled by orfices, could be a hanging spool or plugged orfice. You have to drain system before opening the valve or it will all run out in your lap. Let me do a little research before you dive into that

Ryan151

I am currently rebuilding the Tora converter. Pretty much every sealing ring surface was grooved it didn't have much push a s got hot easy. The tank is currently drained. I did read a service gram this morning in my manual about a dampening kit but its likely not available anymore. But it's odd that I get the slamming effect in both hoist and bucket control in both directions. I'm about 100 percent positive the accumulator is flat as a doornail but I wouldn't think that little thing would do much but I could be wrong.

lantraxco

For sure get the accumulator up to spec.

oldseabee: Split spool???? I read about those near forty years ago, never knew Husco actually built any!

Ryan151

That service gram I read is s.g. 736 btw its a dampening kit that adapts into the husco valve

Ryan151

Figure anything out? I just about have the torque converter back in and will be looking into this problem next.

Ryan151

I put a brand new accumulator on the machine. its 3 times bigger than the factory one. machine still slams. its got to be in the husco valve at this point

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Sorry, I've been taking treatments for cancer and haven't been to storage unit for a while to pull service grams. Have you tried minnpar.com for the kit? There should be a dampener in the valve, might have a plugged orfice, if it worked ok before, probably had correct orfices. sg kit would have slightly different size orfices for smoother operation. Try minnpar first in case they may have it or maybe tech help can get one from HUSCO or at least find out what is different. Could be orfice in a spool plugged, both spools have to work at the same time for smooth operation, it would be unusual for two sections to act up at the same time so that pretty well isolates it to the inlet or outlet that controls both bucket and boom.

Ryan151

It basically slams when you have any kind of throttle when you kick it out of hoist or bucket curl or dump. Only place it can be is the pilot spools or the husco I'm leaning to the husco because of the orfices. Sorry about the cancer Bill. Seems like everyone has it. Very insane.