• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

725 fuel in exhaust

steed6557

I have an AFX serial# CAT 725. The truck was working the other day when the operator stopped the truck because the engine started to bellow white smoke out of the exhaust. Diesel fuel is pouring out of the turbo, I think I know the answer to the problem but would invite some insight.

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
Think you have a split tip on an injector dumping fuel into the cylinder. Best case tip just split and you can get by with just and injector. Worst case the tip has dropped into the cylinder, made a mess out of the piston and head, then damaged the fins on the turbo on the way out. Seen this a lot on some of the earlier E model truck engines.