• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

70mm pin size bucket on a 65mm Pin size Dromone grabber

@realistic_view

Hey guys,

I have a 120 JD excavator with 65mm pins. It has a Dromone hydraulic grabber. I want to get a tree stumper and rake attachment for it. I found a used one in great shape for 1/2 price of a new one. The issue is that this for a 160 size Hyundai machine with 70mm pins.

My question is if I turn the pins down in the center to 65mm, will my grabber grab it? The 160 stick width is a little wider, which is no big deal, I can just fab up spacers. Between centers of the pins is might be. My 120JD is 14.25 the 160 is 16.14.

Do you think I could make this work?

Alan Ward

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Is the width of your pin grabber able to fit between the gussets? Are the pins far enough apart that your coupler will be able to get a proper "grip" on the pins.
You also have to consider secondary safety devices. Some couplers have a swinging toggle that won't allow the jaw to come out of battery if it's not in full curl, if it is never opened far enough, that device could be rendered useless.
Measure pin spread and width of coupler body. Compare to what you have now. Some attachment are too narrow for some couplers.
Good luck.