• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

700k left track motor wont move

Has a code for LH speed sensor, new sensor and nothing wrong with control module. Still wont do anything. What else can I look for?

The machine code is 907.07. Serial number is 1T0700KXCFF283198. The right side works fine. Keeps blowing f4 15 amp fuse. Don't know what that is. Need a service manual to figure it out.

mg2361

Keeps blowing f4 15 amp fuse.
Per the serial number that fuse is not used. You sure it is F4? My schematic shows it does not exist, but the legend says it is a fuel pump fuse:eek:. Thanks Deere!

Need a service manual to figure it out.
Google search TM13358X19. Or go here.

You handy with a volt meter? Carefully backprobe the speed sensor connector with the ignition on and the engine idling in park. Terminal "A" (red wire) should have 5 volts. Terminal "C" (black wire) should have 0.1 volt or less. While I think you will find an issue with one of the first two checks, terminal "B" (blue wire)use long leads) should alternate between 0 and 5 volts as the tractor is very slowly moved. Since that side does not move this check will either show 0 or 5 as it sits.

Per the serial number that fuse is not used. You sure it is F4? My schematic shows it does not exist, but the legend says it is a fuel pump fuse:eek:. Thanks Deere!

You handy with a volt meter? Carefully backprobe the speed sensor connector with the ignition on and the engine idling in park. Terminal "A" (red wire) should have 5 volts. Terminal "C" (black wire) should have 0.1 volt or less. While I think you will find an issue with one of the first two checks, terminal "B" (blue wire)use long leads) should alternate between 0 and 5 volts as the tractor is very slowly moved. Since that side does not move this check will either show 0 or 5 as it sits.
A and C check good. B terminal stays at 3.1 volts no matter in gear or idling

All three terminals checked good.

mg2361

3.1 volts no matter in gear or idling
Terminal "B" should either be 5 volts or 0 volts when not moving, nothing in between.

Just confirming, you have 5 volts at terminal "A" (backprobed) and 0.1 volts or less at "C" (backprobed)?

Did you use a Deere speed sensor? Did you try a calibration after the sensor replacement?

Everything checks out. It's a brand new Deere sensor that was put on prior of us getting the tractor. I switched speed sensors with the right side and no change.

mg2361

The issue I am trying to sort out in my mind is even with a bad speed sensor, the track should turn. That code is active and not stored, correct? It is the only code you have, either active or stored, correct? Maybe try and clear the code (see accessing service menu in my comment below) and see if it comes back. Post what returns, if any.

See what voltage (again, backprobed) you have at the Vehicle Control Unit at connector X10-terminal E1 (blue wire marked T016), and connector X12-terminal A3 (same color and number wire). See if it is identical to what you read at the sensor.

Also try this, press and hold the menu button to get into the service menu. Scroll to diagnostics, press select. Scroll to TCU diagnostics, press select. Scroll to diagnostic mode, press select. This is defaulted to off. Press next so ON is in the screen and then press select. Does the machine now move?

Last edited:
None of the codes were active, just stored. Cleared them out and none popped back up to active. You think it's a mechanical issue? Like the coupler broke or leaking internally?

mg2361

Most likely a mechanical issue if there are no active codes. Post what your charge pressure reads in the monitor in neutral, and in forward, with the engine at fast idle.

Is this something that started immediately, or something that grew worse over time? Any noises just before it failed to move?

With the monitor still in charge pressure, place the machine in forward so you are trying to travel, then dead track your right track like you are going to turn right, does the left track sound like it is going over relief? What does the charge pressure read when you do this?