• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

700K Crawler Dozer VCU 116.0, VCU 116.4

DipStick69

Occupation
Mechanic
I have this 700K crawler dozer throwing code VCU 116.0 for a high brake pressure causing the machine to derate and not rev up so i got the manual and found where the brake pressure sensor was that's detecting it and unplugged it to and run a pressure test on it, and i get 428 psi of pressure which i believe is good, unplugged the code VCU 116.0 had changed to VCU 116.4 that i couldn't find any information on. Anyone know what this means? do i have a bad sensor or something?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
A .04 FMI is “voltage below normal”. That is why it changed to a 4 when you unplugged it.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That depends, did you have any pressure to the park brake when the park brake was applied?

Plus a machine serial number is needed for accurate information gathering.

DipStick69

Occupation
Mechanic
| Serial#: 1T0700KXCEE270343 | and i put a gauge to the system and i get 428psi of pressure which i believe to be a healthy brake pressure.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If you read brake pressure on the line going to the brakes with the park brake off, then it is not the sensor.