• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

700H trouble code

krauseb

I have a customer with a 700H S#915091. This dozer sits in the middle of a ranch and rats have done some major damage. I removed harness and repaired it and reinstalled. Now I am showing a F358(B1 Decel Sensor) I checked voltage in TCU to find 1900mv at idle and 2700mv at WOT. The kicker is if I take sensor off the voltage is showing 632mv at idle. I have scoured op and test and service manual for a way to adjust. Customer is really breathing down my neck for a machine. Any help/advise would be much appreciated.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Section 9015 (Electrical section), Sub-section 15 (Sub-System Diagnostics), B1 decelerator circuit test (about half way down the list).

krauseb

I saw this and will have to fabricate a test harness. I will make one and update when I have more information. Thanks

krauseb

Finally got back down to machine and went through the diag. procedure per op and test.
Results Voltage Low2.22
Voltage High2.68
Manual page 606 voltage appears to be a little high at WOT. Voltage difference is a little low.
Voltage from TCM was in spec.
Wires ohmed out good from B1 plug to TCM.
There was no continuity from T05 and T06 to ground.
Does this mean sensor could be at fault? Sensor was replaced last year.
Another question could this be the wrong sensor? Deere told me there was only one sensor for this machine but when I looked it showed a serial break when electronic engine came into effect. S#920838 and up.

krauseb

I don't remember. It is a piher. The customer ordered It and picked it up. It was there when I got there last year.

krauseb

I just looked at the number and it shows that potentiameter to be used in several spots on this machine. I will try to swap the sensor with another one and see if I get a different fault code.

krauseb

Finally got back down to dozer. As far as looks, sensor I installed last year looks completely different than the originals. I swapped Decel and steer sensor and Calibration passed. I continued with calibration and failed on high speed. showed code for left motor PCP. Last number 8 and no other codes. I decided to attempt calibration a second time. This time it went through, but transmission controller froze on save of the high-speed calibration. The dash screen displayed a code of F9C3. I shut down dozer and killed master cutoff for about 10 min.
Upon startup there was no fault light on Trans controller and dozer tracked straight and was out of limp mode. Is it just me or is JD programming on the dozer's kind of screwy? Customer has a lot of work to do with it and I will assume no news is good news. Is this common for these dozers?