• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

657g Helmet Cam

BrianHay

Home safe on my couch, man that feels good!

Later I will post upload the rest of videos and probably post all the pictures I took too.

BrianHay

I added another video today, I think this one is my best helmet cam video so far.

[video=youtube;KFSdDYUFx08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSdDYUFx08[/video]

Working on a new website, just a personal site this time. Partly to occupy my time so I don't go to stir crazy over the winter and part because my poor little laptop is just way to plugged up with pictures/videos and I want somewere safe of my own to put them and free up space on it. :rolleyes: http://brianhay.ca/index.php After I get them all organized/uploaded I'm going to make a folder with all the best ones for a screen saver and post those in a new thread here.

Last edited:

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
really enjoy the 57 vids, someday maybe i will get a load with a 57, i totally agree with the g cab on a e series 2, except a better place to put my lunchbox unless i want to keep it warm then i put it in the little cubby hole-thanx again for the vids-hats off to the 57 gods-:notworthy

BrianHay

When I put my resume out there I pondered weather or not to put my scraper experience on it. I have about 10 years on scrapers and another 10 years spread out amongst all the other equipment. You know as soon as that kind of scraper time is seen on a resume nothing else on your resume is noticed. But I had never had a shot at a 57 yet and wanted too try one out....it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off lol

Jim Irwin

Brian,
What scraper do you prefer to sit on, day in day out?
Me, the Wabco 252 FT is the smoothest Ive ever driven on the back.
The little Wabco's are like bucking bronco's..

BrianHay

Hi Jim,

I have never been on a Wabco machine before so don't know about them. Most of my time has been on CAT machines and some time on Terex. I preffer the bigger CAT machines. It's really close between the E or the G series which I like better. I like the E's for the power and smoother ride But the G's have a much nicer/quieter cab. If I have a choice between an E or a G I take the G.

vapor300

Have you ever Ran an F series Brian, I have ran E, G, and F series 27's and prefer the F's, have nice cabs, and have more power then the E's and G's

BrianHay

Hi vapor,

Yes I have. Almost forgot about the F's, been several years. I like them too.

I really like the little mushroom shaped levers in them with the buttons for the tranny hold, apron close and cushion hitch on the bowl lever. They are a large step up from an E and comfortable to operate.

I wonder why there was never a 37 or 57 F. The 37's and 57's went straight from E to G (far as I know).

vapor300

Yeah i dont know why they never made a 37f or 57f, i think all they did was 27's and 21's. Yeah i loved there bowl controls, i dont know why but i hate the new style joystick.

Jim Irwin

I have had a go at a 627F, I really liked the control levers and buttons, for some reason, CAT went away from them.

That is the only open bowl ive ever driven, all my back pain comes from elevators :)

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
ive been running a 37g steady for awhile now and im just starting to get comfortable with the feel of it, im convinced now that it is longer than the e models, i know its rated according to the metal stamp on the can, to haul 5,000 more lbs than the e, im pretty sure its due to the taller sides and taller lip, just wondering if the differences in the 57s is as noticeable,the cat man told me the cab on the g was moved two feet forward from the e

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
wiai dont tell me as soon as they get the flux compasitior worked out we will see the pics, i would be happy with a better balanced g2, with more power on the front end

Last edited:

Gavin84w

You sure there coming out with an H

110% positive mate, the cab has a very similar feature to the small F series trucks with the front window going all the way to the floor for at least half the front of th cab, there are 627H,s out working and Conexpo in March will have one on display.