• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

6-71 blower wanted

still learn'n

I have a friend that is looking for a blower for a 6-71 Detroit. Pm me if you would have one Thanks Jerry

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I'm pretty sure I have one but its been on the shelf in the shed for at least 25 years. I can drag it out and look at it if you don't readily find one. It for sure will be dusty, but it has been dry all these years.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
I'll be out of town until Thursday PM. (up north fishing) I will dig it out then and get some pictures.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
It bugged me bad enough that I forgot so I went out and dug out that blower in the shed. Apparently it got some moisture from somewhere over the years. It is stuck tighter than hell. Don't know where the water come from but the aluminum is well calcified.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Oh kay, here is a question that I don't think anyone else has brought up.

Is this for an In-Line 6 or a V-6, 71? The V6 version might not be as common but they are out there and the V6 would not use the same blower, actually a V-12 would use a pair of V-6 blowers.

Also might be good to know if this is for a "naturally aspirated" or "Turbo Charged" engine? That makes a difference too.

One really needs to be very careful when playing with Detroits as they are one of the most adaptable engines out there. If someone could come up with a special application Detroit or someone would modify one to fit. Many modifications can cause parts to not interchange as easy as one might hope!

Want one laying flat, no problem, want blower on left and cam on right, want cam and blower on the same side, want blower on right and cam on left, want two sitting side by side driving the same generator, want one turning clockwise and one counter clockwise, and on and on.
Almost forgot want flywheel at the bottom and crankshaft pointing up, that's been done too!

td25c