• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

590 Power Upgrades?

cgraham1

I am not too impressed with the power (lack of power) of the Cummins in my 590. This thing just seems so sluggish! I've found many power upgrades for the 4bt, such as injectors and fuel pin. Is there a good reason not to do this? Is it just about fuel economy? Would the rest of the drivetrain hold up to an extra 20hp? :beatsme I just don't think I should have to shift down to first to go up a slight incline. Thanks!

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
how long have you had the machine? sounds more like fuel/turbo or drivetrain problem. you should have no problem powering around in any of the gears. Our old 580e climbs inclines in 3rd and 4th gear no problem when roading even from a stop with over 6000hrs

Bartlanz

Occupation
Field Service Engineer
I know my 580k will climb no issue in 1 & 2... 3 & 4 are for roading near as i can tell, they seem to slip alot... major hills are out of the q in 3 or 4

drifter590sl

something is realy is not right. you ever set your valves ..also run howes lubricator diesel fuel treatment..sounds like your injector pump and injectors are getting gummed up common thing .use lot of howes at first takes abit to clean everything .use each fill up