• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

59 Ford 641 workmaster loader with rock hammer

Steve 580ck

Probably not heavy duty enough for this forum but I figured I would give it a shot, I'm thinking about renting a rock hammer in the near future, I've used it before on a skidsteer and it worked great, I'm debating on converting my bucket to quick tach and using the previously installed third function. I believe my pump is a 14 gallon/minute. I'm sure it's not ideal but if it works well enough it will save me a ton of money from renting a second piece of equipment and I can rent it for a week rather than a weekend. Anyone have any experience with this?

Tenwheeler

Not exactly but if your tractor has a pump running off the front of the crankshaft that might work.
If you are trying to run it off the pump in the main case you are wasting your time.

Tenwheeler

Well maybe as a 743 or a S185 have about the same flow. Many skidsteers anymore have 20-30 GPM pumps. Hammers are hard on equipment. Might be less expensive in the long run to hammer on theirs and take it back. Just my thoughts, no experience. I did own a 4000 gas burner for over 25 years. The 641 is 60 years old. Maybe it should not be pushed to heavy duty?

Steve 580ck

I am debating on converting to quick tach regardless of if I use the hammer on it or not, I know it's hard on equipment but I dont have too much to do and I'm pretty curious on how well it would work

Welder Dave

You should be more curious about what damage it could cause to your 60 year old farm tractor. My former neighbor told me years ago when I bought a loader for the MF135 to remember it is a utility loader and not to use it like an industrial loader. I think it was good advice. I'd rent a skid steer and hammer. Your tractor might not have a large enough reservoir or cooler to keep up with a hammer.

Last edited: