• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580SE Oil Cooler Lines PSI

rbmiles1

So I'm finally getting around to putting the radiator/oil cooler back in and I wanted to replace the hoses that connect the cooler to the lines. I was hoping to run to the local auto parts store for these as opposed to ordering on-line. Unfortunately, I can't get any info off the old hoses. The old hoses have pretty thick walls, does anyone know what kind of preassure those lines opperate at?

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
I think the rule of thumbe here would porbably be if the hoses are secured with hose clamps, hyd return hose is the material. My 580C xmission cooler uses that.

rbmiles1

Thanks OldMan, yes they are held on with hose clamps so I went with the what the auto parts store had (Gates high temp, 300 psi).

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
The old hoses have pretty thick walls, does anyone know what kind of preassure those lines opperate at?

That thick hose is suction rated I think, not pressure. I used some thinner hose good for water gas or oil.
There is only maybe 1" between the metal lines so I think it would be almost impossible to collapse the line under suction.
That thick hose is impossible to work with and I would trash it.