• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580k injection pump leaking

RKM

The shut off solenoid was leaking, checked with air and replaced with new also looks like it's leaking from the bottom side of the fuel pump.

Glen Weldon

If this pump is a Roosa-master, they are known for leaking around the shafts in the top caps. I replaced the O-rings (two on each shaft IIRC) and no more leaks. Just had to remove the linkages, carefully remove the plate being careful to observe what goes where when you pull it off. I don't think anything pops out at you. Don't remember exactly what keeps the shafts in place but when you get them out you can see the O-rings. Easy to replace and reinstall. Mine was leaking horribly. Over 2 gallons overnight. No leaks anymore!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
U gotchr pumps mixed up..
The CAV DPA is the one with the leaking shaft orings, 2 on each of the shafts..
On the Rooster-Masher, the shafts go thru the main pump hsg. & there’s 1 oring on each end..
Glad u gotchr leak fixed..

RKM

Yes, guess it will have to be removed and repaired in the near future. I live in southern Indiana and will need to find a good place to take it.

Welder Dave

There are several members on here who have had the pumpguy repair their IP's and gave rave reviews. I think it would be in your best interests to PM the pumpguy and arrange to have your pump sent to him.

Reactions: RKM

T-town

Occupation
retired !
I will vouch for the great job ThePumpGuy does.... in addition to the invaluable info given regarding correct removal/install......