• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580k arm to coupler pivot bushing ?

bobbyblades

ok i thought the bushing was missing / but on closer inspections the one side has drifted in so far that it sits only in the coupler and not in the dipper arm / how far do they go in im guessing flush ? theres one on each side and if i peek inside they just about touching each other i purchased bushing # 307186a1 but seems as im stuck on how to remedy this or just leave it . im thinking get a shorter bushing same size but only long enuff to fill in the drift so it will keep the slop to minimum as im digging or// i got the original bushing and what if 1 cut off a 1 1/2 chunk and put it in ..... the bushing on the other side sticks in about 3/8 deep in ok ?

coupler.jpg

ok now wait a minute i just look at the diagrams again and it has 4 bushings at that spot 3071186a1 and d127167 ?? i only got the two in there ???? somebody did some half arse repair i bet

so it seems it drifted in so far is because we missing the 2 short ones in the couple part ? oh man the on the job site quickie repairs

Last edited:

Spangles

ok i thought the bushing was missing / but on closer inspections the one side has drifted in so far that it sits only in the coupler and not in the dipper arm / how far do they go in im guessing flush ? theres one on each side and if i peek inside they just about touching each other i purchased bushing # 307186a1 but seems as im stuck on how to remedy this or just leave it . im thinking get a shorter bushing same size but only long enuff to fill in the drift so it will keep the slop to minimum as im digging or// i got the original bushing and what if 1 cut off a 1 1/2 chunk and put it in ..... the bushing on the other side sticks in about 3/8 deep in ok ?

View attachment 146779

ok now wait a minute i just look at the diagrams again and it has 4 bushings at that spot 3071186a1 and d127167 ?? i only got the two in there ???? somebody did some half arse repair i bet

so it seems it drifted in so far is because we missing the 2 short ones in the couple part ? oh man the on the job site quickie repairs

It always pays to 'study' the diagrams carefully before starting any repairs or ordering parts.