• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580D case backhoe

roberta

Hello everyone, this is my first post so I hope we're doing it correctly. We are looking for an apparently discontinued part for our 580D case backhoe or an alternative. The ring/seal between the exhaust side of a Garrett turbo and the exhaust elbow. The original part number was A155972 and the replacement part number of R51230. We have been unable to find anyone who can provide the part and ask for suggestions or an alternative, thanks.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
You can likely find one of those seal rings by noting the manufacturers numbers on the turbo, & contacting a turbo repair shop.
Ask for an exhaust outlet sealring.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
You can try Reliable aftermarket parts (888)672-7876 or Coleman Equipment (888)983-7847 wither one of these may be able to help you. Also Case use a company for their obsolete parts called Dealer Parts Network Inc. (DPNI) check with your dealer and see if they can see if they have the seals you are looking for.

roberta

Just wanted to update everyone as to the status of my problem trying to find an obsolete part for our 580D Case backhoe-thanks to all for the suggestions, but unfortunately, they all were unsuccessful. I was able to find a solution however by using an exhaust donut-a simple solution that worked great and was relatively easy to find, just measured the turbo outlet and the exhaust elbow and used a pocket knife and rasp to alter the final fit-up and a fix was at hand. Thanks again!!