• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580ck occasionally doesn't move forward

Steve 580ck

Hey guys, last year or so I rebuilt the engine and shuttle on the old backhoe and it's been working pretty good since, a couple days ago the machine didn't want to move forward in any gear, cold or warmed up, clutch pressure was in the green (above 140psi) and full of hytrans with the slightest obstruction or incline, perfectly flat or decline and it would move under it's own power. Reverse worked perfect with plenty of power. I figured I would have to split it and check out the forward clutch pack. Last night I used the machine and forward worked perfect even in second gear up a small hill. I do not plan on splitting the machine unless it keeps acting up, anyone have any ideas about why it didn't want to move the other day? It's not brakes locking up etc because it moves freely when pushed with the hoe and the brakes dont work

Steve 580ck

I don't think it would be, i shifted from forward to reverse without pushing the clutch pedal and reverse worked fine, afterwards i pushed the pedal in and let it out several times with no change. Plus when i push the pedal the clutch pressure drops and pressure was up the whole time with the pedal up.