• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580ck injection pump question

Eric a1cnc

Now that summer is over I am back working on my 580.
I am putting the injection pump back together with a 1 piece weight retainer. There is a larger gap between the Cam ring and the 1 piece weight retainer than there was with the original. The injection pump is a DBGFCC431-30AJ

Is there supposed to be a larger gap?

TIA for any help
Eric

Eric a1cnc

Thanks Pump guy,
The c-clip will go on no problem. The original design plates have a recess milled into the back side and it sits nearly touching the cam ring where as the new design leaves 3/32" space. Just looked different and didn't want to put it together wrong

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That thing looks pitted.!!
What did the head and rotor look like.??
With water erosion like THAT.. your gonna need more parts than a weight retainer.!!!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
At an absolute minimum ..
Liner, blades, metering valve, dv and spring..
I’d be real interested in seeing the rotor..

Eric a1cnc

It got a new liner and blades, The rotor and the rest of the innards were apparently not subject to the water. No signs of pitting on anywhere else. I fully dis-assembled it and the outside was the only pitted spot. Pulled everything out, inspected/ cleaned in an ultrasonic. Metering valve and Delivery valves move free. Pulled out and inspected the bleed wire and cavity. Will be re-sealed with new stanadyne seal kit. Also adjusted the roller dimension. Hopefully I got everything.
I did one last year and it's still running great on my dozer.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
FYI.. if the rotor has lines worn in it going around.. chances are it’s not going to crank/start on its own ..
Once it’s started, it’ll probably run fine..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Btw.. every pump has its own R/R dimension.. I hope yer not setting them all the same.??
It’ll only be the same if your doing the same pump model number.. (30AJ)

Eric a1cnc

I do know about the R/R dim being different thanks. So far both have been set for the 30AJ. The first time I put the one together for my dozer I didn't check the setting figuring it was right before. I couldn't get much power out of a newly rebuilt engine. Pulled the pump back off and checked the r/r dim and it was off a mile. Adjusted it to the spec, and WOW it really woke the dozer up.

Oh, I know when I found someone to stick with.. Ur stuck with me now LOL