• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580c face lift

utahjd1

Insane what paint and decals will do to an old machine. Been dumping some money into it this summer just ordered a 12’ high by 12x20 car port so it doesn’t live outside in the weather. Still need to paint the buckets and rims and the inside of the cab C5E1C1A7-29F0-4878-AC83-7C4FDAC71938.jpeg

Welder Dave

Very nice! I don't think most people would be too concerned with priming and painting the buckets. A 4 in 1 bucket on a 580C can't very common. Did you sandblast it prior to painting?

utahjd1

Very nice! I don't think most people would be too concerned with priming and painting the buckets. A 4 in 1 bucket on a 580C can't very common. Did you sandblast it prior to painting?
I added the 4 in 1 a few years ago because the original bucket got trashed by previous owners. This backhoe is pretty much retired I would love to by a 580l but don’t need it so I’m going to take care of what I have.

Welder Dave

Did you find a used 4 in 1 from a 580C or did you have to modify the bucket to fit? Looks like you did some welding of the loader boom by the pivot pin?

utahjd1

Did you find a used 4 in 1 from a 580C or did you have to modify the bucket to fit? Looks like you did some welding of the loader boom by the pivot pin?
I believe the one I found came from a e which is a direct pin up. I couldn’t fine the correct valve body at the time so I tied into the curl function with an electric solenoid. Hasn’t bothered me enough to change it.

Steve Favia

Occupation
Retired local 150 Operating Engineer
Insane what paint and decals will do to an old machine. Been dumping some money into it this summer just ordered a 12’ high by 12x20 car port so it doesn’t live outside in the weather. Still need to paint the buckets and rims and the inside of the cab View attachment 291604
Wow great job!