• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580C Cutout Solenoid Repair

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
pretty hard to bump into it but possible. my floor and dash switch work well.. id like to mount one to my loader controls like the newer machines had

T16_AeRo

Where is The protection diode located..?
My electrical system is as complete mess.. think this diode is missing.

RDC_580C

The diagram is a bit misleading, as in the actual machine it's kind of wired up stupid in there with one lead going to a bolt on the Shuttle and the other wire frakking off up in the wire loom. If your wiring is still intact enough, it should be right around the Shuttle and the coil down there. It just looks like a small connector with 2 wires going into it on the same side and it will be flat on the end, that part of it is the diode, and the Diode can be unplugged from that connector, unless it's already missing in which case it will just be a 2 pin connector. If your wiring is a real mess, it may not even be in there anymore. There is also a couple of them in the dash as well, again provided the wiring is intact enough to still have them.

If you have the Parts manual, it should be on page 66, item #13

This is roughly what the Diode would look like, if it's still in there.

https://www.messicks.com/part/l71879/diode-element