• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580C CAse backhoe

mountain man 22615

I have a 580C backhoe it goes fine bin reverse but when you put it in forward it goes alitle then stops, if you shut engine off an start again it will move forward then stop. if you put the power shuttle lever in neuutral it will roll back so its not stuck in reverse. Has anyone had this issue? and if so what should I look for

RDC_580C

Crawl under there, engine off and machine secured, and make sure the linkage is fully engaging the lever at the Shuttle all the way when it's put into forward first. If that's good, then it sounds like the forward clutch pack in the shuttle has finally given up, as it gets all the abuse from driving, loading and pulling things. You'll want to also replace the Torque Converter alone with doing the Shuttle rebuild.

63 caveman

OK, I was not sure all Cs were 2 WD.
So.... Borg Warner shuttle right? Then I would think the forward clutch pack is shot (assuming linkage is right), torque converter would be working if going into reverse.