• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580c back ho seat

iplaybass

i have a 580c case ho that the seat is stuck in the front pos.. i cant figure out if im not doing something right or what ....since i have owned the ho the seat has always moved just by turning it ... i have tried every lever on it ... any thoughts on how to get it to turn ? anybody can video tape how their seat works? :confused:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm not sure about the 580C, but later model Case seats you would slide seat all the way to rear of sliders, this would operate a latch (or unlatch) that would allow the seat to turn.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sorry, can't help you much, just don't know anything about the 580C seat. :beatsme

But, aside from that, welcome to HEF iplaybass. :drinkup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
since i have owned the ho the seat has always moved just by turning it ...

Then it's never been right.

What you should have to do is depress the lever that's down near the bottom of the seat post. That should disengage the lock mechanism, and the seat should then be free to turn, and also to rise up, so that you're in a little higher position to operate the backhoe. Once you're spun it around and let it come up (there's a big sping in there to help), take your foot off the lever and let it lock into the new position. Be careful. If it's worn out, it's possible to lift the top section of the post clear of the bottom section, and the spring will want to fly out.

Here's a link to the image in the parts book.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
I had many problems with the seat when I bought my C. Took it all apart, cleaned and beadblasted everything, replaced the spring with one from Mcmaster Carrand purchased a new seat from tractor supply. Had to weld a stop on the bottom of the seat mounting pipe, as I recall, because the old one was worn slap away. Look at the parts manual and you'll see how it works.