• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580B shuttle oil change

n175h

This is my first time to drain the shuttle. I drained my shuttle oil and about 3 gallons came out. Surprising to me it was still a bit golden and looked good with no water. I peeked in to remove the allen screw at the torque converter and there is a threaded casting inside the hole that had nothing in it. It is 3/8 x 24 SAE threads. I can see the body of the shuttle inside the 3/8 hole. Do I need to rotate the engine crankshaft to find another threaded plug? Or did someone leave it out all these years I've owned this and I have been using it without?

I am attaching a picture of the shuttle drain hole (the hole that is pretty much under the steering column) and I am attaching a picture of the 3/8 threaded hole that is up inside the shuttle case.

Give me some guidance as to what else I need to look for.
Thanks,
David

Attachments

• shuttle drain hole.JPG
    shuttle drain hole.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 18
  • shutle threaded hole.JPG
    shutle threaded hole.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: